Operations Coordinator (hiv/gbv) Rhi (cape Town)
JOB INDEX - 1 month ago - Job Mail
Operations Coordinator (hiv/gbv) Rhi (cape Town)
An Operations Coordinator (School Based HIV & GBV Prevention Programme) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Cape Town - Western Cape.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand.
We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To deliver a comprehensive approach to operational efficiency in a specified geographical area by assisting the IS teams with all operational functions, systems and processes
- Western Cape X 1 (Capetown)
Key performance areas
- Typing and drafting of documents, including letters, memo’s and reports when required
- Perform general office duties when required including minute taking, printing, co-ordinating meetings and training sessions
- Provide operational and administrative support to the project team
- Integrate effectively with Wits RHI Operations Team as and when required
- Provide daily support and co-ordination of procurement and administration including but not limited to travel, meetings, all IT related support, stationery and consumables, training logistics, asset management and control, centralised reporting collation, reconciliation’s and dissemination of information
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of all Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide training and up-to-date information to staff on new and existing policies, procedures and SOP’s when required
- Ensure compliance with respect to donor and or provider’s requirements
- Ensure timeous monthly submission of HR related documents (leave forms and timesheets
- Arrange and coordinate international, national and local travel for office-based teams, as well as remote field-based teams
- Manage and submit all travel related claims for the above-mentioned teams to Finance
- Work closely with the Provincial Manager to plan, coordinate and oversee the project activities
- Follow up daily with finance and procurement on open queries/tasks
- Book meetings and conference venues and be point of contact for all delegates to manage attendance registers and required travel and accommodation
- Manage day to day Mobile vans and Vehicles
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration as requested by National Operations Coordinator
- Co-ordinate the duties of team members to ensure optimal staff utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relation
- Co-ordinate monthly Departmental updates from key staff members and report on to National Operations Coordinator
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information
Required minimum education and training
- Relevant certificate or diploma in Business Administration
- Computer literate in standard MS Office packages
- Valid driver’s licence
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 4 Years’ office administration experience in a medium to large sized organisation
- Working knowledge of operations and financial systems and processes
- Experience managing a small team
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Some exposure to project management/NGO environment would be useful
- Experience working in a donor-funded organisation or NGO
- Exceptional organization and administrative skills with working knowledge of MS Office
- Own, reliable transport preferred
- Able to maintain confidentiality, tact and professionalism at all times
- Able to exercise discretion, high levels of initiative ad independent decision-making
- Must be assertive, confident and adaptable.
Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Positive, energetic, team player.
Ability to adapt to complex situations, ability to manage stress, self-starter, ability to deliver goals pro-actively, creative thinker, goal-orientated
- A thorough and accurat4 approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 28 January 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS.
NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
Find Jobs per Keyword:
New Business Developer (east London/umtata)
NATIONAL CASH SOLUTIONS MANAGEMENT COMPANY IS SEEKING TO EMPLOY A NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPER IN EAST LONDON
Cleaner needed urgently at Government Hospital
Reference Number (Vukani 20/2/2020, PSVC 6/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: Khayelitsha Community Health Clinic (Chief
Tradesman Aid (Workshop) (2 posts)
Reference Number (George Herald 20/2/2020, PSVC 6/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: George Regional Hospital (Chief Dire
Cleaner needed urgently at Department of Health
Reference Number (Knysna/Plett Herald 6/2/2020, PSVC 5/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: Knysna/Bitou Primary Health Car
Internal Sales Consultant
Do you enjoy working in a trendy environment and have that energy to succeed and work in a dynamic team? A fast-growing company based in
Junior Student Advisor
A leading educational institution is seeking a dedicated, confident and organised Junior Student Advisor to join their team.
A leading educational institution is seeking a Law Lecturer to join their team.
Open position : Law Lecturer
Location : P
Diesel Mechanic (eastern Cape)
DIESEL MECHANIC - EASTERN CAPE - FORESTRY / TIMBER / LOGGING EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE
Head Office of a Speciality Chemical concern, has a limited duration contract position open for a Buyer (Indirect Spend). Position requi
A vacancy exists in the Inbound Parts Supply Department, which forms part of the Customer Service Division and is based in Johannesburg.
Customer Service Sales Agent
Are you a dynamic individual that enjoys delivering excellent customer service? Our client who is renown in the FMCG industry is seeking
National Tb/hiv Advanced Clinical Care Advisor
A National TB/HIV ACC (Advanced Clinical Care) Advisorâ Wits RHI (CDC) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's R
It Systems Analyst (1-year Fixed Term)
An IT Systems Analyst vacancy (1 year Fixed Term Contract) is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium in the Department of Molecul
Business Analyst /process / Industrial Engineers X2
Business Analyst /Process / Industrial Engineers x2 are required for a listed retail group in Greater Cape Town Area. R35K p.m.
Are you wanting to use your strong administration skills to organise and ensure promoters are on board and scheduled for the various even
Red Seal Installation Electrician
Do you have a red seal qualification and require a new challenge to use your construction and industrial experience? Our client who run
Financial Manager (ca)sa
An IT/ Financial Services company based in Johannesburg North is looking for either a Newly Qualified CA(SA) from one of the big 4 Audit
Head Office based in Jhb North, has a new opportunity for a Payroll Accountant (EE). Report to the Payroll Manager and be responsible to
General Accounting Manager (shared Services)
Mining Head Office, has an exciting opportunity for a General Accounting Manager to join their team. Be responsible for overseeing the A
Outbound Sales Consultant
YOU ARE IN DEMAND!!! This established national concern based in Cape Townâs Southern Suburbs needs you TODAY to join their team as O
A company based in Johannesburg North is looking for a Financial Manager who will assist on the Operations side of the business as well.
A company based in Midrand is looking for a Bookkeeper. Candidates from Distribution would be advantageous.
Medical Scientist/engineer (24 Months Ftc)
A Medical Research and Development Scientist/Biomedical Engineer (24 Months FTC) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consorti
Process / Industrial Engineers X2
Process / Industrial Engineers x2 are required for a listed retail group in Greater Cape Town Area. R35K p.m.
Fleet Sales Representative
Are you a Sales Professional with an excellent sales track record? We require your min 5 years sales experience to join our International
YOU ARE IN DEMAND!!! This established national concern based in BRACKENFELL needs you TODAY to join their team as INTERNAL SALES PERSON!
A Retail Buyer vacancy is available with a listed diversified retail group in the JHB Northern Suburbs. R50K p.m - R60k p.m ctc
Research Clinician X 2
Research Clinicians x 2 vacancies are available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Hil
Senior Portfolio Administrator
Our client is based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town and requires your expertise to be the right hand to one of their successful Weal