National Tb/hiv Advanced Clinical Care Advisor
JOB INDEX - 6 days ago - Job Mail
National Tb/hiv Advanced Clinical Care Advisor
A National TB/HIV ACC (Advanced Clinical Care) Advisorâ Wits RHI (CDC) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Tshwane (Pretoria).
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand.
We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To provide strategic development, oversight, and overall management if Wits RHI’s ACC support at the National and District level.
To provide technical support and capacity development of internal and external stakeholders with regards to advanced HIV clinical care.
Key performance areas
Technical strategy development and oversight
- In consultation with the broader team, develop a programme strategy and implementation plan for the delivery of ACC services within supported districts.
- Lead the District Support Partner ACC capacitation strategy, in collaboration with PEPFAR and SAHIVCS.
- Provide direction, programme implementation and guidance and support to district-based managers and doctors to ensure delivery of the ACC strategy.
- Track and monitor all programme components, including operational researcrojects as applicable, using agreed indicators.
- Develop/review work plans and other strategic programme documents for effective implementation of the programme.
- Coordinate implementation of ACC activities with external agencies such as public health, NGO partners.
Donor monitoring and auditing agencies and others as necessary.
- Develop programme tools such as SOP’s and technical guidelines and contribute to the development of other programme documents as required.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot all programme related activities.
- Contribute to the development of technical publications and other programme resources.
Stakeholder Management (internal and external)
- Develop and effectively manage relationships with external and internal stakeholders including National DoH, donors, SAHIVCS.
District support partners and relevant Wits RHI structures.
- Serve as a senior representative of the ACC programme on both internal and external forums/working groups within the supported districts and at the national level.
Staff management and capacity development
- Supervise and manage line reports in keeping with Wits RHI policies and procedures
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration.
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relations.
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments.
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action.
- Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and kills required by the organisation.
- Facilitate skills transfer from programme staff to DOH counterparts.
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information.
Reporting and Administration
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports of activities and disseminate to stakeholders
- Review and analyse key projects indicators at designated hospital on a regular basis
- Collaborate with broader APACE team to monitor progress towards project targets.
Effective self-management and performance ownership
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of won work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Apply project management methodology from project concepts completion.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
- Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in on-going training and development activities such as forums, conferences, policy setting workshops etc
Required minimum education and training
- MBBCH or MBChB, Diploma in HIV management.
Clinical specialization in related field
- Divers License
Professional body registration
Required minimum work experience
- 10 years’ experience working within or supporting the public health sector, 5 years’ experience in HIV management and management of complex or advanced clinical disease cases
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Confident in managing clinical care of HIV-infected patients of all ages, including pregnant patients.
- Experience managing patience with HIV/TB, MDR TB, advances clinical disease, treatment failure, and opportunistic infections.
- Experience managing a team of clinicians.
- Experience with training and mentoring.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to navigate complicated situations.
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent levels of written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
Demands of the job
- Able to work in highly demanding and pressurized environment, travelling may be required.
Communications and relationships
- Develop and effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders (Within relevant Wits RHI Structures, DoH)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 20 February 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS.
NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
Find Jobs per Keyword:
New Business Developer (east London/umtata)
NATIONAL CASH SOLUTIONS MANAGEMENT COMPANY IS SEEKING TO EMPLOY A NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPER IN EAST LONDON
Cleaner needed urgently at Government Hospital
Reference Number (Vukani 20/2/2020, PSVC 6/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: Khayelitsha Community Health Clinic (Chief
Tradesman Aid (Workshop) (2 posts)
Reference Number (George Herald 20/2/2020, PSVC 6/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: George Regional Hospital (Chief Dire
Cleaner needed urgently at Department of Health
Reference Number (Knysna/Plett Herald 6/2/2020, PSVC 5/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: Knysna/Bitou Primary Health Car
Internal Sales Consultant
Do you enjoy working in a trendy environment and have that energy to succeed and work in a dynamic team? A fast-growing company based in
Junior Student Advisor
A leading educational institution is seeking a dedicated, confident and organised Junior Student Advisor to join their team.
A leading educational institution is seeking a Law Lecturer to join their team.
Open position : Law Lecturer
Location : P
Diesel Mechanic (eastern Cape)
DIESEL MECHANIC - EASTERN CAPE - FORESTRY / TIMBER / LOGGING EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE
Head Office of a Speciality Chemical concern, has a limited duration contract position open for a Buyer (Indirect Spend). Position requi
A vacancy exists in the Inbound Parts Supply Department, which forms part of the Customer Service Division and is based in Johannesburg.
Customer Service Sales Agent
Are you a dynamic individual that enjoys delivering excellent customer service? Our client who is renown in the FMCG industry is seeking
National Tb/hiv Advanced Clinical Care Advisor
A National TB/HIV ACC (Advanced Clinical Care) Advisorâ Wits RHI (CDC) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's R
It Systems Analyst (1-year Fixed Term)
An IT Systems Analyst vacancy (1 year Fixed Term Contract) is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium in the Department of Molecul
Business Analyst /process / Industrial Engineers X2
Business Analyst /Process / Industrial Engineers x2 are required for a listed retail group in Greater Cape Town Area. R35K p.m.
Are you wanting to use your strong administration skills to organise and ensure promoters are on board and scheduled for the various even
Red Seal Installation Electrician
Do you have a red seal qualification and require a new challenge to use your construction and industrial experience? Our client who run
Financial Manager (ca)sa
An IT/ Financial Services company based in Johannesburg North is looking for either a Newly Qualified CA(SA) from one of the big 4 Audit
Head Office based in Jhb North, has a new opportunity for a Payroll Accountant (EE). Report to the Payroll Manager and be responsible to
General Accounting Manager (shared Services)
Mining Head Office, has an exciting opportunity for a General Accounting Manager to join their team. Be responsible for overseeing the A
Outbound Sales Consultant
YOU ARE IN DEMAND!!! This established national concern based in Cape Townâs Southern Suburbs needs you TODAY to join their team as O
A company based in Johannesburg North is looking for a Financial Manager who will assist on the Operations side of the business as well.
A company based in Midrand is looking for a Bookkeeper. Candidates from Distribution would be advantageous.
Medical Scientist/engineer (24 Months Ftc)
A Medical Research and Development Scientist/Biomedical Engineer (24 Months FTC) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consorti
Process / Industrial Engineers X2
Process / Industrial Engineers x2 are required for a listed retail group in Greater Cape Town Area. R35K p.m.
Fleet Sales Representative
Are you a Sales Professional with an excellent sales track record? We require your min 5 years sales experience to join our International
YOU ARE IN DEMAND!!! This established national concern based in BRACKENFELL needs you TODAY to join their team as INTERNAL SALES PERSON!
A Retail Buyer vacancy is available with a listed diversified retail group in the JHB Northern Suburbs. R50K p.m - R60k p.m ctc
Research Clinician X 2
Research Clinicians x 2 vacancies are available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Hil
Senior Portfolio Administrator
Our client is based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town and requires your expertise to be the right hand to one of their successful Weal