It Systems Analyst (1-year Fixed Term)
JOB INDEX - 6 days ago - Job Mail
It Systems Analyst (1-year Fixed Term)
An IT Systems Analyst vacancy (1 year Fixed Term Contract) is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium in the Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology in Parktown, Johannesburg.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences.
WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives.
In addition WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
About Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology?
The Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology (DMMH) is distinctive in the development of laboratory scale-up in South Africa in support of the largest HIV and TB Laboratory monitoring programme worldwide.
Due to their expertise in HIV and TB monitoring, Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology provides technical assistance to Missions, Ministries of Health and in-country partners, within pre-identified African countries, in the scale-up of Viral Load laboratories. The Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology is focused on providing countries with innovative and customised solutions that increase HIV testing and linkage to care, widen the coverage of antiretroviral therapy (ART), expand the capacity for viral load monitoring and improve retention of patients on ART.
The Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology provides quick responses to requests from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) supported countries, rapidly producing solutions that are tailored to the specific context and area.
The Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology solutions are centered on differentiation and customisation of service delivery, cost-effectiveness and technical/resource sustainability of each solution.
By focusing on differentiated models of service delivery, Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology provides solutions that are both scalable and achieve substantial impact towards the global 90-90-90 goals.
Main purpose of the job
- To assist in either upgrading or creating a roadmap for a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), or an equivalent electronic resulting system.
The incumbent will be required to perform an initial LIMS/electronic laboratory resulting GAP analysis for each African country identified by Wits Health Consortium, then collaboratively propose and/or implement an appropriate solution into that country.
The ideal incumbent should be creative in their functional and technical strategy towards a proposed resulting system as each country varies in their level of connectivity sophistication and thus a one solution fits all’ may not apply.
- DMMH, Wits Medical School, Parktown, JHB.
Key performance areas
- To foster close relationships with the various Ministries of Health, in-country partners and other relevant stakeholders in order to allow for a close collaboration to ensure high-quality viral load test resulting within each country.
- To compile functional requirements, technical specification and design to ensure that programs are aligned to and address the needs in each country.
- To ensure that system solutions are developed in line with technical specifications to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
- To ensure that all relevant technical documentation and training notes are created, distributed and stored appropriately.
- To develop system implementation plans and project manage the implementation of systems.
- To create test cases and test solutions to ensure that required standards and objectives are met.
- To provide training to relevant stakeholders to ensure that they understand and achieve optimal system utilisation.
- To monitor and evaluate the LIMS/electronic resulting system in order to ensure accurate data reporting.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and adhoc reports including power point presentations as requested by management.
- Frequent travel to the specified African countries is expected.
- To conduct facility/laboratory assessments.
- To do system configuration based on assessment information.
- To provide technical and functional support for systems deployed.
Required minimum education and training
- BTech Degree/ National Diploma in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent medical qualification is essential
- IT qualification, minimum A+ is essential
- Business Analysis qualification is advantageous.
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 2 years IT system support experience is required.
- Experience in Medical Pathology laboratories and Clinics.
Additional work experience and personal abilities
- Good understanding of the clinic- laboratory interface and value chain
- Good understanding of systems development life cycle methodology.
- Take ownership of and resolve very complex IT problems in a way that demonstrates balanced judgement.
- The ability to develop creative solutions to LIMS and laboratory resulting within appropriate time frames.
- Must be results driven by displaying a strong tenacity, sense of urgency and drive to see things through to successful conclusions.
- Must be able to work collaboratively, and frequently initiate and pursue professional relationships, with Ministries of Health and in-country partners.
- Maintain awareness of developments in the rapidly moving IT industry and quickly apply this knowledge, if need be.
- Have the ability to anticipate problems and identify, advise or implement a new and unique way to ensure high-quality service levels.
- Excellent problem solving/conflict management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to travel frequently into Africa.
- Valid passport.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 17 February 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS.
NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
Find Jobs per Keyword:
New Business Developer (east London/umtata)
NATIONAL CASH SOLUTIONS MANAGEMENT COMPANY IS SEEKING TO EMPLOY A NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPER IN EAST LONDON
Cleaner needed urgently at Government Hospital
Reference Number (Vukani 20/2/2020, PSVC 6/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: Khayelitsha Community Health Clinic (Chief
Tradesman Aid (Workshop) (2 posts)
Reference Number (George Herald 20/2/2020, PSVC 6/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: George Regional Hospital (Chief Dire
Cleaner needed urgently at Department of Health
Reference Number (Knysna/Plett Herald 6/2/2020, PSVC 5/2020) Component Department of Health Job Institution: Knysna/Bitou Primary Health Car
Internal Sales Consultant
Do you enjoy working in a trendy environment and have that energy to succeed and work in a dynamic team? A fast-growing company based in
Junior Student Advisor
A leading educational institution is seeking a dedicated, confident and organised Junior Student Advisor to join their team.
A leading educational institution is seeking a Law Lecturer to join their team.
Open position : Law Lecturer
Location : P
Diesel Mechanic (eastern Cape)
DIESEL MECHANIC - EASTERN CAPE - FORESTRY / TIMBER / LOGGING EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE
Head Office of a Speciality Chemical concern, has a limited duration contract position open for a Buyer (Indirect Spend). Position requi
A vacancy exists in the Inbound Parts Supply Department, which forms part of the Customer Service Division and is based in Johannesburg.
Customer Service Sales Agent
Are you a dynamic individual that enjoys delivering excellent customer service? Our client who is renown in the FMCG industry is seeking
National Tb/hiv Advanced Clinical Care Advisor
A National TB/HIV ACC (Advanced Clinical Care) Advisorâ Wits RHI (CDC) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's R
It Systems Analyst (1-year Fixed Term)
An IT Systems Analyst vacancy (1 year Fixed Term Contract) is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium in the Department of Molecul
Business Analyst /process / Industrial Engineers X2
Business Analyst /Process / Industrial Engineers x2 are required for a listed retail group in Greater Cape Town Area. R35K p.m.
Are you wanting to use your strong administration skills to organise and ensure promoters are on board and scheduled for the various even
Red Seal Installation Electrician
Do you have a red seal qualification and require a new challenge to use your construction and industrial experience? Our client who run
Financial Manager (ca)sa
An IT/ Financial Services company based in Johannesburg North is looking for either a Newly Qualified CA(SA) from one of the big 4 Audit
Head Office based in Jhb North, has a new opportunity for a Payroll Accountant (EE). Report to the Payroll Manager and be responsible to
General Accounting Manager (shared Services)
Mining Head Office, has an exciting opportunity for a General Accounting Manager to join their team. Be responsible for overseeing the A
Outbound Sales Consultant
YOU ARE IN DEMAND!!! This established national concern based in Cape Townâs Southern Suburbs needs you TODAY to join their team as O
A company based in Johannesburg North is looking for a Financial Manager who will assist on the Operations side of the business as well.
A company based in Midrand is looking for a Bookkeeper. Candidates from Distribution would be advantageous.
Medical Scientist/engineer (24 Months Ftc)
A Medical Research and Development Scientist/Biomedical Engineer (24 Months FTC) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consorti
Process / Industrial Engineers X2
Process / Industrial Engineers x2 are required for a listed retail group in Greater Cape Town Area. R35K p.m.
Fleet Sales Representative
Are you a Sales Professional with an excellent sales track record? We require your min 5 years sales experience to join our International
YOU ARE IN DEMAND!!! This established national concern based in BRACKENFELL needs you TODAY to join their team as INTERNAL SALES PERSON!
A Retail Buyer vacancy is available with a listed diversified retail group in the JHB Northern Suburbs. R50K p.m - R60k p.m ctc
Research Clinician X 2
Research Clinicians x 2 vacancies are available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Hil
Senior Portfolio Administrator
Our client is based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town and requires your expertise to be the right hand to one of their successful Weal