Site Manager - Transgender Programme (rhi)
JOB INDEX - 1 month ago - Job Mail
Site Manager - Transgender Programme (rhi)
A Site Manager - Transgender Programme vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Cape Town - Western Cape.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand.
We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To provide strategic development, oversight and management of the Transgender implementation site
- Duties include implementation clinical service delivery, administration, staff management, quality improvement and skills transfer
- Cape Town
Key performance areas
- Develop operating model for the implementation site that includes the Department of Health and the Institute’s multi-disciplinary teams, communicate the operating plan effectively, implement the plan and monitor progress
- Quality assure the operational activities of the implementation site and maintain and implement relevant policies, procedures and protocols in relation to Primary and Sexual Reproductive Health Care, HIV testing, prevention and treatment, adherence support, STI screening and treatment, Family Planning and TB screening
- Provide direction and planning support to clinical and non-clinical staff on project implementation
- Develop annual budget in consultation with senior management, control and monitor expenditures of the implementation site, adhere to relevant finance and procurement policies
- Coordinate peer educator outreach services, including community mobilisation, risk assessments, HIV testing and prevention and referrals to vetted gender-affirming and other social support services
- Provide ongoing feedback to stakeholders, engage with transgender community as needed and support to respective teams on projects
- Participate in operations research and develop research questions that speak to the effectiveness and sustainability of the implementation site if required
- Coordinate and document lesson learning exercises to feed into programme planning
- Oversee competency and sensitisation training with stakeholders providing services to transgender people
- Internal and external advocacy of the implementation site services and the needs of the interest groups they represent
- Ensure capacity development of all cadres of staff and that capacity development is up-to-date
- Perform and comply with administrative procedures associated with accurate implementation clinical record keeping and reporting including patient records and confidentiality
- Ensure availability and accessibility of essential medicine for the implementation site and ensure compliant and effective safety, quality control, and record keeping of medicine is maintained
- Analyse data and compile and disseminate appropriate reports to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Review challenges and achievements of the programme in order to identify issues and implement improvements, and in order to document and roll out better practice
Required minimum education and training
- Degree in Social Work or Diploma/Degree in Nursing (NQF Level 5); or equivalent social or health sciences degree
- Registration with South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- NIMART registration
- Dispensing License
- PrEP training OR South African Association of Social Services Professions (as applicable)
Required minimum work experience
- 5 years’ experience working in an NGO setting/primary health care setting
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Understanding of the challenges facing transgender people in the health context; prior transgender sensitisation training desirable
- An ability to communicate and work well with transgender people; prior experience working with the transgender community desirable
- Previous experience in Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services and PrEP and ART adherence support
- Knowledge of national, provincial and district health structures
- Knowledge in implementation clinical and data management and analysis
- Able to priorities own work load and work towards deadlines
- Proactive, energetic team leader with an ability to adapt to complex situations
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, takes initiative and work as-part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to exercise discretion and independent decision making
- Able to speak African languages
- Report writing skills
- Extensive experience working with donor funded programmes
- Understanding of budget management
- Strong organizational skills with an accurate approach to work, attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 24 February 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS.
NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
Find Jobs per Keyword:
Do you have a Degree in English, Literature, Linguistics or Humanities? Have you tutored during your studies and ready to put your skills
Are you a qualified Bookkeeper that is eager to acquire new skills by working under a Financial Manager? Are you looking to use your expe
Senior Sales Manager
Have you been a Sales Manager managing a team of External Sales Reps and Administrators within the building sector? Your relevant experie
Do you have an excellent sales track record within the motor and truck fleet sector, and ready for an exciting career change? We require
Costing, Invoicing, Quality And Logistics Manager
Costing, Invoicing, Quality and Logistics Manager (Agricultural/ Food Production & Distribution)
This is a multi-faceted role id
Retail Sales Consultant
Retail Sales Consultant – Walmer Park – Port Elizabeth. Salary: R8350 per month plus commission, medical aid, group life cover and pensi
Field Service Technician/engineer - Fmcg
Market related salary +benefits +car +cellphone +laptop. Leading international packaging/processing company requires experienced. Millwright
Commercial Refrigeration Technician
Commercial Refrigeration Technician – Wadeville - Johannesburg. A refrigeration company based in Wadeville URGENTLY needs a Commercial Re
Information Security Officer
Skill Hunters - Johannesburg, Gauteng - Provide IT Security strategy, consulting on a project risk. Develop and manage a roadmap for informa
Security Specialist: Identity and Access Management
Skill Hunters - Johannesburg, Gauteng - & PAM team perspective and to allow for more seamless operationalisation and handover. Assist in es
Sales Consultant (Security)
Neo Batho (Pty) Ltd - Gauteng - Our client is looking for an Sales consultant within the security sector in Johannesburg and the East Rand J
Cyber Security Manager
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Experience & Qualifications: The position will require an incumbent with a minimum of a CISSP (certifie
Cyber Security Manager
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Reference: PE008259-Liesl-1 The primary responsibility of the Information and Cyber Security Manager wi
Software Security Engineer Team Lead
Cape Town, Western Cape - Cape Town - My client, a leading online retailer requires a Software Security Engineering Team Lead. DUTIES: M
Security Engineer, Threat Research Team
Amazon - Cape Town, Western Cape - DESCRIPCIÓN The AWS Shield Response and Threat Intelligence team is looking for a security engineer wi
Amazon - Cape Town, Western Cape - DESCRIPCIÓN At AWS, we're hiring highly passionate and deeply technical cloud computing Security Archi
Network and Security Specialist
Skill Hunters - Rosebank, Johannesburg - The responsibilities include but is not limited to: Monitoring performance of the network Troublesh
Skill Hunters - Sandton, Johannesburg - Delivery, support and supervision of technical security testing assignments Defining scope and perfo
Cyber Security Project Manager
Tower Group (Pty) Ltd - Johannesburg, Gauteng - Reference: JHB003809-AG-1 Our client in the Telecommunications Industry is urgently looking
IT Support Engineer Ã¢ú‚¬û€œ Cloud and Security
Skill Hunters - Parktown, Johannesburg - 1. Cloud related tasks: Administer cloud services Exchange Online SharePint Online Office 365 Prtal
Software Security Engineer Team Lead (CH558TA)
Capital H - Cape Town, Western Cape - Our client, a leading South African online retailer, is looking to employ a Software Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Reference: PE008255-Siya-1 Our client in Cape Town`s northern suburbs is looking for a Network Security
Maintenance And Repair Manager
Our client based in Sandton is looking for a Maintenance and Repair Manager to support the Company or customer site business plan and obj
Ssa Supply Chain Manager
Our client is looking for a Supply Chain Manager. He / She will be responsible under minimal direction for the on-going development, perf
Senior Hr Representative
Our client is looking for a Senior HR Representative to provide strategic human resource generalist consultation to associates and manage
Our client is looking for a Territory Manager to establish territory of customers including restaurants, hotels, schools, long-term care
Senior Technical Sales Representative
Our client is looking for a Senior Technical Sales Representative to join its industry leading sales team. Youâll be responsible f
A client of mine is urgently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their dynamic team.
Must have the following;