Programme Manager (senior)
JOB INDEX - 1 month ago - Job Mail
Programme Manager (senior)
A Programme Manager (Senior) position is available at one of our clients, Wits Health Consortium, RHI unit in Hillbrow, Johannesburg.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand.
We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
An exciting opportunity for a strong Senior Programme Manager with dynamic leadership and strong team focus exists to apply their expertise in managing a variety of high impact health projects, from multi-partner technical assistance provision to clinical research activities, in HIV, sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence, and adolescent girls and young women.
The incumbent will thrive on leading a team whilst producing excellence in project delivery and service delivery thereby building the impact of the role to participant, project and organization.
22 Esselen Street, Hillbrow, Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
• Managing day to day operations and coordination of the programme and programme staff.
• Ensure project deliverables are on track
• Convene all country partners on a regular and ongoing basis
• Understand and manage team dynamics within multiple partnerships
• Provide overall management and technical oversight to the programme
• Provide oversight and support to research activities
• Ensure documentation of programme activities and achievements as per donor and institution requirements
• Ensure compliance to the budgets
• Develop annual workplans and timelines
• Work with the financial manager to develop the relevant budgets and monitoring
• Continuous assessment of priorities
• Contribute to grant writing and development
• Provide continuous strategic guidance to all stakeholders
• Act as a point person between partners
• Facilitate synergy between internal and external partners
• Ensure documentation of internal meeting reports and communications
• Review and ensure donor regulatory compliance reporting within timeframes
• Facilitate the ongoing communications between consortium, stakeholders, and external partners such as donors, sponsors and other groups
• Facilitate and coordinate communications across partners
• Attend to all staffing requirements and administration.
• Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff
utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relations.
• Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments.
• Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary
• Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organisation.
• Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information.
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as forums, conferences, policy setting workshops etc.
Required minimum education and training
• Masters degree in Public Health or related field
Required minimum work experience
• 5-10 years experience in HIV, SRH, or relevant global health field
• Minimum 5 years experience in managing multi-partner projects
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Experience in HIV prevention, SRH, GBV, and AGYW programming
• Experience managing donor funded (USAID, CDC, Gates Foundation, NIH, etc.) programmes
• Experience in budgeting and grants management
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders
• Able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience overseeing staff
• Knowledge of research methodologies
• Positive, energetic team leader with an ability to adapt to complex situations and take initiative
• Strong organizational skills with an accurate approach to work, attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Experience with managing field operations
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 21 January 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS.
NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
Find Jobs per Keyword:
Do you have a Degree in English, Literature, Linguistics or Humanities? Have you tutored during your studies and ready to put your skills
Are you a qualified Bookkeeper that is eager to acquire new skills by working under a Financial Manager? Are you looking to use your expe
Senior Sales Manager
Have you been a Sales Manager managing a team of External Sales Reps and Administrators within the building sector? Your relevant experie
Do you have an excellent sales track record within the motor and truck fleet sector, and ready for an exciting career change? We require
Costing, Invoicing, Quality And Logistics Manager
Costing, Invoicing, Quality and Logistics Manager (Agricultural/ Food Production & Distribution)
This is a multi-faceted role id
Retail Sales Consultant
Retail Sales Consultant – Walmer Park – Port Elizabeth. Salary: R8350 per month plus commission, medical aid, group life cover and pensi
Field Service Technician/engineer - Fmcg
Market related salary +benefits +car +cellphone +laptop. Leading international packaging/processing company requires experienced. Millwright
Commercial Refrigeration Technician
Commercial Refrigeration Technician – Wadeville - Johannesburg. A refrigeration company based in Wadeville URGENTLY needs a Commercial Re
Information Security Officer
Skill Hunters - Johannesburg, Gauteng - Provide IT Security strategy, consulting on a project risk. Develop and manage a roadmap for informa
Security Specialist: Identity and Access Management
Skill Hunters - Johannesburg, Gauteng - & PAM team perspective and to allow for more seamless operationalisation and handover. Assist in es
Sales Consultant (Security)
Neo Batho (Pty) Ltd - Gauteng - Our client is looking for an Sales consultant within the security sector in Johannesburg and the East Rand J
Cyber Security Manager
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Experience & Qualifications: The position will require an incumbent with a minimum of a CISSP (certifie
Cyber Security Manager
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Reference: PE008259-Liesl-1 The primary responsibility of the Information and Cyber Security Manager wi
Software Security Engineer Team Lead
Cape Town, Western Cape - Cape Town - My client, a leading online retailer requires a Software Security Engineering Team Lead. DUTIES: M
Security Engineer, Threat Research Team
Amazon - Cape Town, Western Cape - DESCRIPCIÓN The AWS Shield Response and Threat Intelligence team is looking for a security engineer wi
Amazon - Cape Town, Western Cape - DESCRIPCIÓN At AWS, we're hiring highly passionate and deeply technical cloud computing Security Archi
Network and Security Specialist
Skill Hunters - Rosebank, Johannesburg - The responsibilities include but is not limited to: Monitoring performance of the network Troublesh
Skill Hunters - Sandton, Johannesburg - Delivery, support and supervision of technical security testing assignments Defining scope and perfo
Cyber Security Project Manager
Tower Group (Pty) Ltd - Johannesburg, Gauteng - Reference: JHB003809-AG-1 Our client in the Telecommunications Industry is urgently looking
IT Support Engineer Ã¢ú‚¬û€œ Cloud and Security
Skill Hunters - Parktown, Johannesburg - 1. Cloud related tasks: Administer cloud services Exchange Online SharePint Online Office 365 Prtal
Software Security Engineer Team Lead (CH558TA)
Capital H - Cape Town, Western Cape - Our client, a leading South African online retailer, is looking to employ a Software Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Reference: PE008255-Siya-1 Our client in Cape Town`s northern suburbs is looking for a Network Security
Maintenance And Repair Manager
Our client based in Sandton is looking for a Maintenance and Repair Manager to support the Company or customer site business plan and obj
Ssa Supply Chain Manager
Our client is looking for a Supply Chain Manager. He / She will be responsible under minimal direction for the on-going development, perf
Senior Hr Representative
Our client is looking for a Senior HR Representative to provide strategic human resource generalist consultation to associates and manage
Our client is looking for a Territory Manager to establish territory of customers including restaurants, hotels, schools, long-term care
Senior Technical Sales Representative
Our client is looking for a Senior Technical Sales Representative to join its industry leading sales team. Youâll be responsible f
A client of mine is urgently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their dynamic team.
Must have the following;