Data Analyst (apace) Rhi
JOB INDEX - 1 month ago - Job Mail
Data Analyst (apace) Rhi
A Data Analyst (APACE) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Johannesburg - Gauteng.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand.
We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To build and maintain of ETL processes, Data Warehouse
- Maintain full compliance to the system and data architecture, standards and procedure
- To prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications of databases
- Develop and maintain SSR and Power BI reports
- Wits RHI- Johannesburg (Gauteng)
Key performance areas
Technical strategy and oversight
- Provide technical solutions to enhance the Programme Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions
- Maintain technical, professional and specialist knowledge and understanding and be competent in the use of a wide range of specialist software packages and programming languages including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft Power BI, Excel and Power Pivot
- Contribute to the design, development and improvement of Business Intelligence solutions and manipulation of relevant data sources
- Work with the Strategic Information and Programme Teams in the development of statutory returns, standard and bespoke reports utilising data warehouse and data feeds
- Ensure all required data is available in the data repository and to manage the specification and coordinate the development if not
- Be responsible for active maintenance of the data repository ensuring integrity, consistency and relevant documentation
- Ensuring smooth operation of ETL processes and high availability of Business Intelligence infrastructure
- Participate in the development and strategy for data migration when changing providers or decommissioning legacy systems ensuring continuity of service
- Maintain full compliance to the system and data architecture, standards and procedures Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff from all levels
- Identify and implement efficiencies in data collection, compilation, review, reporting, feedback and action plans
- Provide M&E technical assistance, as required, to program teams
Data monitoring and reporting
- Liaise with M&E Programme Managers to verify, quality assure and troubleshoot program data
- Participate in data verification and reporting activities
- Provide data quality support as appropriate
- Revise activities based on data, implementation experiences, and programme feedback
- Manage the implementation dashboards, including monthly data entry, quality control and dissemination
- Co-ordinate the data reporting from internal team activities
- Support various teams in interpreting the implementation dashboards
- Support various teams with data requirements as requested, including the setup and updating of monthly Quality Improvement Project dashboards and cascades
- Prepare data for presentations, reports and analyses as requested
- Support the analysis of programmatic data
- Contribute to the analysis and write up for project publications and reports
- Generate timely reports from activities conducted
- Develop of automated dashboards, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly program data with quality control and dissemination functionalities
- Lead the development of a merging, monitoring, reporting an analytics electronic platform for automated extraction and reporting of donor and program results
- Lead the development and maintenance of an integrated data collection and automated reporting electronic platform in conjunction with external service providers, donor requirements and collaborators
- Prepare automated data for stakeholder presentations, reports and analyses as required
- Support the routine analysis of programmatic data and mapping
- Develop automated presentations on PEPFAR and program indicator progress monitoring
- Provide Technical support to program teams on data automation and analysis at all levels
- Participate in and contribute to the development and achievement of the institute’s corporate goals and objectives
- Attend Technical Team, DATIM and other relevant meetings
- Oversee and participate in the timely and accurate organisational submissions to donor requests
- Where applicable oversee and participate in the timely and accurate organisational submissions to non-donor stakeholder requests
- Support the content development for JPPM and other stakeholder meetings
- Support districts with target setting initiatives
- Support programmes with COP target setting and reporting
- Maintain accurate records to document process and output
- Communicates clearly and effectively with all levels of the institute staff around programmatic inputs and outputs
- Communication with local, regional and international collaborators and stakeholders including donors and sponsors when and if required
Internal and external capacity building
- Identify data analysis and presentation training needs
- Liaise with the relevant M&E Programme Managers to address training needs and possibly implement training interventions
Effective Self-Management and performance ownership
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in on-going training and development activities such as conferences, workshops etc.
Required minimum education and training
- Degree in Computer Science, Sciences or Statistics, Information Science or any other relevant degree
- Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SharePoint, Performance Point, Excel and Power Pivot
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 1-year building and maintaining ETL processes, Data Warehouses and maintaining full compliance to systems and data architecture, standards and procedure; Valid SA driver’s licence
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience implementing and managing M&E systems
- Working with donor driven programmes
- M&E capacity building and mentoring
- Report writing
- M&E plan development and target setting
- Recognised qualifications in MS SQL Server technologies advantageous
- Knowledge / awareness of data warehousing theory and methodologies
- Knowledge / awareness and skills in data modelling, and or database architecture design advantageous
- Good understanding of Data Quality and ability to develop data quality reporting mechanism
- Demonstrated leadership, management and change management ability, including the ability to manage a diverse team
- Be proactive agent influencing positive change with external stakeholders with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of Wits RHI and partner organizations
- Positive, energetic team leader with an ability to adapt to complex situations, manage stress, deliver goals pro-actively
- Organized with a thorough and accurate approach to work, attention to detail
- Ability to work on SSIS, SSAS,SQLS and SSRS
Demands of the job
- Travel may be required from time to time
- Overtime will be required
- Must be able to work in time constrained, highly pressurized deadline driven environments
Communications and relationships
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels within the organization, as well as all external stakeholders
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 26 February 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS.
NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
Find Jobs per Keyword:
Do you have a Degree in English, Literature, Linguistics or Humanities? Have you tutored during your studies and ready to put your skills
Are you a qualified Bookkeeper that is eager to acquire new skills by working under a Financial Manager? Are you looking to use your expe
Senior Sales Manager
Have you been a Sales Manager managing a team of External Sales Reps and Administrators within the building sector? Your relevant experie
Do you have an excellent sales track record within the motor and truck fleet sector, and ready for an exciting career change? We require
Costing, Invoicing, Quality And Logistics Manager
Costing, Invoicing, Quality and Logistics Manager (Agricultural/ Food Production & Distribution)
This is a multi-faceted role id
Retail Sales Consultant
Retail Sales Consultant – Walmer Park – Port Elizabeth. Salary: R8350 per month plus commission, medical aid, group life cover and pensi
Field Service Technician/engineer - Fmcg
Market related salary +benefits +car +cellphone +laptop. Leading international packaging/processing company requires experienced. Millwright
Commercial Refrigeration Technician
Commercial Refrigeration Technician – Wadeville - Johannesburg. A refrigeration company based in Wadeville URGENTLY needs a Commercial Re
Information Security Officer
Skill Hunters - Johannesburg, Gauteng - Provide IT Security strategy, consulting on a project risk. Develop and manage a roadmap for informa
Security Specialist: Identity and Access Management
Skill Hunters - Johannesburg, Gauteng - & PAM team perspective and to allow for more seamless operationalisation and handover. Assist in es
Sales Consultant (Security)
Neo Batho (Pty) Ltd - Gauteng - Our client is looking for an Sales consultant within the security sector in Johannesburg and the East Rand J
Cyber Security Manager
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Experience & Qualifications: The position will require an incumbent with a minimum of a CISSP (certifie
Cyber Security Manager
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Reference: PE008259-Liesl-1 The primary responsibility of the Information and Cyber Security Manager wi
Software Security Engineer Team Lead
Cape Town, Western Cape - Cape Town - My client, a leading online retailer requires a Software Security Engineering Team Lead. DUTIES: M
Security Engineer, Threat Research Team
Amazon - Cape Town, Western Cape - DESCRIPCIÓN The AWS Shield Response and Threat Intelligence team is looking for a security engineer wi
Amazon - Cape Town, Western Cape - DESCRIPCIÓN At AWS, we're hiring highly passionate and deeply technical cloud computing Security Archi
Network and Security Specialist
Skill Hunters - Rosebank, Johannesburg - The responsibilities include but is not limited to: Monitoring performance of the network Troublesh
Skill Hunters - Sandton, Johannesburg - Delivery, support and supervision of technical security testing assignments Defining scope and perfo
Cyber Security Project Manager
Tower Group (Pty) Ltd - Johannesburg, Gauteng - Reference: JHB003809-AG-1 Our client in the Telecommunications Industry is urgently looking
IT Support Engineer Ã¢ú‚¬û€œ Cloud and Security
Skill Hunters - Parktown, Johannesburg - 1. Cloud related tasks: Administer cloud services Exchange Online SharePint Online Office 365 Prtal
Software Security Engineer Team Lead (CH558TA)
Capital H - Cape Town, Western Cape - Our client, a leading South African online retailer, is looking to employ a Software Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer
Recru-IT - Cape Town, Western Cape - Reference: PE008255-Siya-1 Our client in Cape Town`s northern suburbs is looking for a Network Security
Maintenance And Repair Manager
Our client based in Sandton is looking for a Maintenance and Repair Manager to support the Company or customer site business plan and obj
Ssa Supply Chain Manager
Our client is looking for a Supply Chain Manager. He / She will be responsible under minimal direction for the on-going development, perf
Senior Hr Representative
Our client is looking for a Senior HR Representative to provide strategic human resource generalist consultation to associates and manage
Our client is looking for a Territory Manager to establish territory of customers including restaurants, hotels, schools, long-term care
Senior Technical Sales Representative
Our client is looking for a Senior Technical Sales Representative to join its industry leading sales team. Youâll be responsible f
A client of mine is urgently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their dynamic team.
Must have the following;